I am writing a short “devotional for disciples” every day or two. Why? I mean, I can’t tell if anyone reads them or even cares. And, like most things, routine becomes tedious – for a reader, anyway.
So, why do I bother? If anyone cares, I’ll tell you why.
1. Because it is my daily devotional study.
- It is from the Bible.
- I need to be taught by God,
- I need to be reminded of His Word,
- I need to be trained in His Righteousness, and
- I need to be encouraged, and this is how I do that.
2. Because it is the One Thing that excites me enough to tell others. And I pray and hope that it encourages and helps someone else, too.
3. Because in this “Day and Age” it is the only and best hope we have
4. Because one cannot overstate the importance of knowing the Power of the Word of God
5. Because one cannot overstate the importance of knowing the Effectiveness of the Word of God
6. Because one cannot overstate the importance of being able to “Accurately Handle the Word of Truth” in these days for He says,
If we died with Him, we will also live with Him;
If we endure, we will also reign with Him;
If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
Please. The party is over. These are dangerous days. Equip yourself. Stand firm. Resist the devil and draw near to God. We will overcome!
Your Brother and Friend,
1The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread?
2When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh,
My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
3Though a host encamp against me,
My heart will not fear;
Though war arise against me,
In spite of this I shall be confident.
4One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD
And to meditate in His temple.
5For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
6And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me,
And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.
7Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice,
And be gracious to me and answer me.
8When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You,
“Your face, O LORD, I shall seek.”
9Do not hide Your face from me,
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not abandon me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation!
10For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
But the LORD will take me up.
11Teach me Your way, O LORD,
And lead me in a level path
Because of my foes.
12Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries,
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
14Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD.