What we Believe
Our saving faith in Christ Jesus and our Biblical Christian World View determine how we approach all ares of life. We express our Christian World View through politics, theology, art, sociology, philosophy, ethics, anthropology, the humanities, science, history, law and government. But, in the end, this music video (creed and confession) captures the essence of what we believe.
What we Believe – Short and Long versions
“The short version”
1. We believe the Bible is inspired and empowered by God, infallible, inerrant and authoritative.
2. We believe in one eternal God who exists as three separate persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life as He walked among men, demonstrated the authority and power of God in works and speech, died on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God having accomplished all that is necessary for man’s salvation.
4. We believe it is essential for man to repent of sin and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with his mouth and believing in his heart resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
5. We believe the Holy Spirit is continuing the work He started at Pentecost empowering believers to live a godly life and continue in all the works of Jesus.
6. We believe in the imminent return of Jesus and that those who have believed in Him will be resurrected to a heavenly dwelling in an incorruptible body, and those who do not believe will join Satan and his host in everlasting punishment.
What we Believe – “The Long Version”
We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.
In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven, That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
We believe in His virgin birth, in His sinless life. We know Jesus is an exclusive Savior. “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name in heaven given to men by which we must be saved” Acts 4:12. Jesus is the only way to God and to heaven;
He is our sanctifier and our healer. We believe in His miracles as recorded in the bible.
We believe, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
We believe in His personal, visible and imminent return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years (John 1:1; Matthew 1:18; Matthew 28:5-6; Revelation 20:4).
We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant and authoritative Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16,17
It is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12
The Scriptures contained in the Bible are the absolute authority governing the affairs of men. The Word of God, when implanted in the mind, soul and heart of a fully surrendered man or woman, produces God’s will in the life and work in that man or woman of God.
There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19).
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the existence of the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity and in His interaction with man. We believe the Holy Spirit seals us unto salvation, convicts us of sin, guides us in the way to walk, empowers us to Godliness and to defeat the works of Satan. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as manifested by the fruit and the gifts of the Spirit. We believe that our spiritual birth by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation (Titus 3:5).
We believe all men are born with a sinful nature and that the work of the Cross was to redeem man from the power of sin. We believe that this salvation is available to all who will receive it.
- In the Blessed Hope, the soon return of Christ to receive His bride at His coming (Titus 2:13).
- In Divine Healing of the human body provided through the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross in answer to believing prayer (1 Peter 2:24).
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, is given to believers who ask for it, with all the evidence manifested in the book of Acts (Acts 2:4).
- The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill the Great Commission on earth (Ephesians 1:20-23; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Colossians 1:18-19; Revelation 5:9).
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life (Galatians 5:16-25).
- In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost, the first to everlasting life and the second to everlasting damnation (Revelation 20:11-15).
- In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with God’s glory (Revelation 21:1-2, 10).
We believe that every man is the steward of his life and resources which ultimately belong to God. We believe that giving is a measure of obedience to the scriptural principles of stewardship.
2 Corinthians 9:6 ¶ Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
9 as it is written, “HE SCATTERED ABROAD, HE GAVE TO THE POOR, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER.”
10 Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;
11 you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.
12 For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God.
13 Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all,
14 while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you.
15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
We believe in the Church as the eternal and universal Body of Christ consisting of all those who have accepted the work of the atonement. We believe in the need for a local assembly of believers for the purpose of evangelism and edification.
Prayer and Praise
We believe in the worship of the Lord through singing, clapping, and the lifting of hands. We believe in the authority of the believer to ask freely of the Lord for his needs.
We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit to the Church body through the anointing of oil by the elders of the church.
We believe that evangelism is the obligation of every follower of Jesus Christ. The Lord commands us to go out and make disciples of all the earth. We believe that each person is first responsible to evangelism in their own family as the Holy Spirit leads them and gives them the ability.
We believe in the ordinance of water baptism by immersion in obedience to the Word of God. All those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior should be baptized in water as a public profession of their faith in Christ and to experience what the Bible calls the “circumcision of the Spirit.”
Our Commitment to Israel
We believe in the promise of Genesis 12:3 regarding the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. We believe that this is an eternal covenant between God and the seed of Abraham to which God is faithful.
The Priesthood of the Believer
We believe that every believer has a unique relationship to the Lord. As His children, every Christian has immediate access to the throne of Grace and the ability to manifest the power of the Lord Jesus Christ in ministry.