- “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. Isaiah 55:8
- “In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;” Romans 8:26
- “God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed their of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.” Hebrews 1:1-3
Like I previously said, I am beginning to see these verses in a different light. What if what these verses say, are exactly what they mean?
1. Are God’s thoughts beyond our capacity to understand? Is it that we, as finite humans, simply cannot grasp the Mind and Intentions of God?
2. Is it true that when God, The Holy Spirit, prays for us, that His Words (Groanings) are too deep for us to understand in words?
3. Did God send Jesus so we could comprehend God? So, we could know Who God is, What God is and about God and His Purposes, His Plans and Intentions? So we can see the exact representation of His nature understand our relationship to Him?
Did not Jesus say we are to know Him, follow Him, represent Him and to do His Works. Is that even possible? Or is it rhetoric and hyperbole?
Perhaps we have continued to see the things of God strictly through humans eyes, that is through our limited human understanding, and fallen woefully short of what He intends for us.
What if He what He has said is perfectly true and our failure as humans to perform as He described, is “on us “and our self-centered views?
Wasn’t Jesus clearly explaining to us that
“…The Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.” ? John5:19
Isn’t Jesus clearly explain to us,
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 “Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.” ? John14:12
Doesn’t the Bible clearly tell us that
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10
Isn’t Jesus is saying it is HE who PREPARES THE WORKS and it is HE who DOES THE WORKS, and that HE Works through us? (Even though, to the human eye and understanding, it appears that we are doing His Works.)
If this is so, can we do what Jesus has not only told us but requires and has commanded of us?
HOW DO WE GET THERE?
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
Friends, over the next few days or weeks (or months?) I will be in discovery. Will you join me? There is Kingdom Work to be done until He Returns. Could we be on the VERGE!
Your Friend and Brother,
One thought on ““AND I ASK AGAIN””