IT IS TO KNOW
“THE LAST DAYS“ – Take a close look at these words of Jesus and the Apostles Paul and Peter as they spoke of THE LAST DAYS or the LAST TIMES.
The words, when referring to THE LAST DAYS, THE LAST TIMES, THE END, which were spoken by Jesus, Paul and Peter, in the Greek language they were written, literally mean
- “an age” or
- “last in a series of places” and
- “last in a temporal succession of time”.
It is important to know that these LAST DAYS are not a sudden cessation of time. Instead, they are an age or an era leading to and END OF TIME and ultimately to the end of the heavens and the earth.
- It is important to know that once a tribulation seal is opened or broken, the effects of that seal can go on for an indeterminate time
- It is important to know that once a tribulation seal is opened or broken, the effects of that seal can overlap with other tribulation seal judgments
- It is important to know that the intensity of God’s judgments increase in intensity and ferocity.
- The initial tribulation seals 1 through 5 are referred to as “The Times of Distress” or the “tribulation” (small “t’ with the absence of the adjective “great”)
- Seals 6 and following are referred to as the “GREAT Tribulation” and “A time of Great Tribulation such as the world has never seen and will never see again”.
What The New Testament Says About
THE END OF THE AGE
Matthew 24:3 As He (Jesus) was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
NOT YET THE END
4 “And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.
5 “For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.
6 “You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.
MERELY THE BEGINNING OF BIRTH PANGS
7 “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.
8 “But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.
ENDURE TO THE END
9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.
10 “At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.
11 “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.
12 “Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.
13 “But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.
THEN THE END WILL COME
14 “This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Go here for The Great Tribulation – Part 3
One thought on ““THESE LAST DAYS”? – Part 2”