Is America ever mentioned or referred to in the Bible? And, where is America during The Great and Terrible Day of The Lord (Beginning with the Great Tribulation – the 6th Seal of the Tribulation, and the Rapture)?
There are a lot of questions and discussions about this topic, as there should be. Your preparation may depend on how you view these matters.
It is a common practice to find what you are looking for in the Bible, whether it is actually there or not. Is America symbolized by the Eagle mentioned in Daniel 7 or is America symbolized the Great Harlot and her fabulous wealth who will die a horrible death on her bed of harlotry?
Does anyone really know? And, will knowing change the outcome of prophetic events? Be certain of this, the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord is coming, and the ongoing convergence of multiple prophetic events in our day may indicate it is at hand.
You and I can know, and need to know, the ‘seasons’ as Jesus warned, and to be ready.
I have selected five known Bible teachers and pastors who speak about these matters. And they do not all agree. You can click on their names for their views:
1. S. Michael Houdmann is the Founder, President, and CEO of Got Questions Ministries, the parent ministry for GotQuestions.org.
2. Irvin Baxter, the founder and president of Endtime Ministries. A television and radio talk-show host, author, publisher, and international prophecy teacher. Irvin felt God call him to start traveling as an evangelist at the age of 19. He began pastoring when he was 26, and continued for 34 years until he made the decision to devote all of his time to Endtime Ministries.
3. Greg Laurie, an American author and pastor who serves as the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, California, Harvest Corona in Corona, California Harvest Woodcrest in Riverside, California, Harvest at Kumulani in Kapalua, Hawaii, and Harvest Orange County in Irvine, California.
4. Doug Batchelor is an evangelist of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and author of several books including The Richest Caveman. His primary ministry is Amazing Facts – a worldwide television and radio broadcast ministry based in Sacramento, California.He also pastors the Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church.
5. Pastor John C. Hagee, founder and Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, a non-denominational evangelical church with more than 22,000 active members. Pastor Hagee has served the Lord in the gospel ministry for over 60 years.
The signs around us are terrifying at times so what a better description of those agent’s of this evil than “terrorists”? And, these terrors will on intensify as that day draws ever closer.
The GOOD NEWS in all of this is that if you are ready as a true believer, a true disciple of Jesus, you will be spared the worst of what is coming.
Even if America ceases to be “The home of the brave and the land of the free”, your safety and sanctuary will continue to be within the Ark of the Covenant of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior! And then we can say aloud…
As I dwell in the shelter of the Most High, I abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!”
For it is He who delivers me from the snare of the trapper And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover me with His pinions, And under His wings I may seek refuge; His faithfulness is my shield and bulwark.
I will not be afraid of the terror by night, Or of the arrow that flies by day; Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.
A thousand may fall at my side And ten thousand at my right hand, But it shall not approach me.
I will only look on with my eyes And see the recompense of the wicked.
For I have made the LORD, my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place.
No evil will befall me, Nor will any plague come near where I live.
For He will give His angels charge concerning me, To guard me in all my ways.
Your Brother and Friend,