- As in the Days of Noah
“For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away”. (Matthew 24:38–39).
There are some “educated guesses” about the possible population of earth just before the Great Deluge or Noah’s Flood ranging from 3 billion people to possible 750 billion. But, the best guess seems to be around 30 billion.
It took Noah between 80 and 120 years to build the Ark. So, the people anywhere nearby had plenty of time to hear all about the coming “flood” although it seems no one knew anything about floods. And, one can imagine that rumors about the crazy man building a structure which loomed above the surrounding landscape, visible for miles, were spread across the known globe.
Still, only Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives were the only people saved from the estimated 3 to 30 Billion people on earth.
Only eight people saved out of 30 billion!
So, is it possible you could get just one?
- Jesus Ministry – Only 11. Only 120.
It is estimated that Jesus was about 30 years old when He started His ministry. He was about 33 years old when He was crucified. So, for three years Jesus performs public miracles such as:
- Turns Water into Wine at the Wedding in Cana
- Jesus Heals an Official’s Son at Capernaum in Galilee
- Jesus Drives Out an Evil Spirit From a Man in Capernaum
- Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law Sick With Fever
- Jesus Heals Many Sick and Oppressed at Evening
- First Miraculous Catch of Fish on the Lake of Gennesaret
- Jesus Cleanses a Man With Leprosy
- Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Paralyzed Servant in Capernaum
- Jesus Heals a Paralytic Who Was Let Down From the Roof
- Jesus Heals a Man’s Withered Hand on the Sabbath
- Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son From the Dead in Nain
- Jesus Calms a Storm on the Sea
- Jesus Casts Demons into a Herd of Pigs
- Jesus Heals a Woman in the Crowd With an Issue of Blood
- Jesus Raises Jairus’ Daughter Back to life
- Jesus Heals Two Blind Men
- Jesus Heals a Man Who Was Unable to Speak
- Jesus Heals an Invalid at Bethesda
- Jesus Feeds 5,000Plus Women and Children
- Jesus Walks on Water1
- Jesus Heals Many Sick in Gennesaret as They Touch His Garment
- Jesus Heals a Gentile Woman’s Demon-Possessed Daughter
- Jesus Heals a Deaf and Dumb Man
- Jesus Feeds 4,000 Plus Women and Children
- Jesus Heals a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind by Spitting in His Eyes9
- Jesus Heals a Boy With an Unclean Spirit
- Miraculous Temple Tax in a Fish’s Mouth
- Jesus Heals a Blind, Mute Demoniac
- Jesus Heals a Woman Who Had Been Crippled for 18 Years
- Jesus Heals a Man With Dropsy on the Sabbath
- Jesus Cleanses Ten Lepers on the Way to Jerusalem
- Jesus Raises Lazarus from the Dead in Bethany
- Jesus Restores Sight to Bartimaeus in Jericho
- Jesus Withers the Fig Tree on the Road From Bethany
- Jesus Heals a Servant’s Severed Ear While He Is Being Arrested
- he Second Miraculous Catch of Fish at the Sea of Tiberias
It is estimated that, after and 3 years of intense ministry and all of these miracles and Jesus even being raised from the dead, only eleven men could be counted as His disciples. And only 120 people could be counted as His Followers.
So, could you get just one?
- After the Crowds – Only One.
THE CROWDS followed Him everywhere…
“Large crowds followed Him from Galilee and the Decapolis and Jerusalem and Judea and from beyond the Jordan.”
“When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him.”
“When Jesus had finished these words, the crowds were amazed at His teaching;”
“When Jesus came down from the mountain, large crowds followed Him.”
“But when the crowds saw this, they were awestruck, and glorified God, who had given such authority to men.”
“After the demon was cast out, the mute man spoke; and the crowdswere amazed, and were saying, “Nothing like this has ever been seen in Israel.”
As these men were going away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John, “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?”
“All the crowdswere amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?”
“While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him.”
“And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach.
“Then He left the crowds and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”
After all the crowds of people saw Jesus and saw the miracles, only ONE believed enough to take the risk and get out of the boat:
Matthew 14:29 “And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.”
The Great Commission – Matthew 28:16. “But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Don’t be discouraged if very few hear and receive His Gospel from you. Let’s just BE the ONE and let’s DO His bidding. Let’s turn this world BACK upside down in Jesus Name! BE THE ONE to rescue just ONE.
Your Brother and Friend,