– FOR CHRIST FOLLOWERS ONLY –
THE PROMISES AND THE ‘ORACLES‘ OF
GOD’S BLESSINGS & PROSPERITY
“Biblical Prosperity” may not be what you thought. Keep your understanding and practice of the Word of God in context of the entire Bible.
How to start:
- Know and follow Jesus as His disciple. This is the hard one. So many people believe they are Christians because they followed some “Plan of Salvation” prayer.
- But, Matthew 3:16 says “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
And, verse John 3:21 tells us that “He who practices the truth comes to the Light (Jesus), so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”
One way to be sure about this is by checking on your prayer life, your attitude toward others and your humility before God.
Another test is, do you exercise Spiritual disciplines, or do you do what seems right or feels right to you? If you only do what ‘feels right’ you are on the wrong basis. (Proverbs 14:12 says, “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.”)
Until you are truly a follower and a disciple of Jesus, what is written here will NOT work.
- Know and understand the CONTEXT of what Jesus represents and taught.
(a) Jesus came into the world to save people from perishing.
(b) Jesus became ‘sin’ on our behalf and took the punishment of sin for us.
(c) Everything that Jesus said or taught was from a Spiritual (Heavenly) Perspective. We must have that same mindset before we “claim” any promise of God.
James 4:3 tells us that “You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.“
And, Philippians 2:5 tells us to “Have the same attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.”
In other words, the material world emanates from the Spiritual realm and is controlled by the Spiritual realm. We come from the Spiritual realm and will return to that realm, whether it is with God in Heaven or you perish into outer darkness and into Hell. Jesus teaches this and until you understand this and adopt it as your basis for learning, you will never receive His Blessings and you will miss the Prosperity Jesus is offering.
- Abide in Him and put His Word in you. Dwell, Meditate, Speak and Act.
John 15:7 says, “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.
Matthew 21:21 tells us that “Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. 22“And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
Sound easy? Think again and read what Jesus says about His Teachings.
- You must be born of water and The Spirit in order “to see and hear” (i.e., to understand and to do). As an example:
Matthew 13:1 tells about, “That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea.
Verse 2. And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach.
Verse 3. And He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, “Behold, the sower went out to sow;
Verse 4. and as he sowed, some seeds fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate them up.
Verse 5. “Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil.
Verse 6. “But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Verse 7. “Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out.
Verse 8. “And others fell on the good soil and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.
Verse 9. “He who has ears, let him hear.”
Verse 10. And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
HERE IS THE ORACLE OF GOD, found in Verses 11 and 12. “Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted.
“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.
Verse 13. “Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
HERE IS THE ORACLE OF GOD, found in Verses 14 and 15. “In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says, ‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL, WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR, AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES, OTHERWISE THEY WOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN, AND I WOULD HEAL THEM.’
Verse 16. “But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.
Verse 17. “For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
Verse 18. “Hear then the parable of the sower.
Verse 19. “When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.
Verse 20. “The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy;
Verse 21. “yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.
Verse 22. “And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
HERE IS THE ORACLE OF GOD, found in Verse 23. “And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.”
- Blessings and Prosperity must begin on the ‘inside’ (the Spiritual Realm) in order to manifest in the natural world. 3 John 3:2 “Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.”
- Every good material gift (blessing) comes from, emanates from, originates as, a Spiritual Blessing. Even then, the material gift fades, but the Spiritual Gift remains. It is never the other way around. PUT YOUR FOCUS, YOUR MIND, ALWAYS ON THE SPIRITUAL, on the things above.
- Matthew 6:19 tells us, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
- Verses 20 and 21. “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
- Verse 22. “The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23“But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
- Verse 24. “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.
III. Blessings & Prosperity of the Soul are Eternal, material blessings fade
- Another way to see that the ‘material world’ is fading is found in Romans 8, which tells us that the mind set on the flesh, is DEATH. But, the mind set on The Spirit of God, is life and peace (Spiritual Blessings and Prosperity).
Romans 8:5 tells us, that, “For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but
- those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
- Verse 6. For the mind set on the flesh is death,
- but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
Now that we have established that
- You must be born again to experience the blessing and prosperity from God
- The Blessings and Prosperity from God are of a Spiritual Nature
- The natural blessings which manifest or flow from the Spiritual (life) are temporary and fade (death)
- Spiritual Blessings and Gifts are Eternal
- You cannot serve both God and wealth
- You must stay focused on things Above, that is, on the Spiritual (GOD)
HERE ARE THE BLESSINGS OF SPIRITUAL PROSPERITY
- ETERNAL LIFE: John3:14 says,“As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; Verse 15. so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
John 3:16 tells us that, “God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. Verse 17. “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Verse 18. “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- ABUNDANT LIFE: John10:9 says,“I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- PROSPERITY AND GOOD HEALTH: 3 John 3:2“ says, “Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.”
- MANIFEST BLESSINGS:
- OBEY GOD: Deuteronomy28:1 says, “Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the LORD your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I command you today, The LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
- IRRESISTIBLE BLESSINGS: verse 2. “All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the LORD your God:
- OMNIPRESENT BLESSINGS: verse 3. “Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
- GENERATIONAL BLESSINGS: verse 4. “Blessed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground and the offspring of your beasts, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock.
- NATURAL BLESSING: verse5. “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
- CONTINUAL BLESSINGS: verse6. “Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
- PROTECTIVE BLESSINGS: verse 7. “The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways.
- OMNISCIENT BLESSINGS: verse 8. “The LORD will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- HOLY BLESSINGS: verse 9. “The LORD will establish you as a holy peopleto Himself, as He swore to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways. verse 10. “So all the peoples of the earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will be afraid of you.
- ABUNDANT BLESSINGS: verse 11. “The LORD will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you.
- ESTABLISHED BLESSINGS: verse 12. “The LORD will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
- BLESSINGS OF AUTHORITY: verse 13. “The LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I charge you today, to observe them carefully,
“Do not turn aside from any of the words which I command you today, to the right or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.” Deuteronomy28:14
(NOTE: “The RIGHT and The LEFT” in these verses, from the Hebrew language translates as:
“When you have a need or are praying for a blessing, do not turn to the “RIGHT” hand of personal effort or in your own strength
“Nor to the “LEFT” hand of wrapping yourself up in the cares of this world so as to make your request in your own image (imagination)”
As Joshua 1:7 says “Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.
Repeating them or simply ‘claiming’ them will do little. Do not decide in your own mind what the answer will look like ahead of time.
You must believe God at His Word. Meditate on the Word, pray His Words fervently to Him, believe it will happen and give thanks! Wait upon the Lord, He is faithful complete the thing He has begun.
Your Brother and Friend,