A TUTORIAL ON EFFECTIVE SPIRITUAL WARFARE
Teaching, Training & Commissioning
FINAL NOTES – WHAT IS COMING NEXT?
Jesus’ work, now complete on earth, He gives a final few words of instruction and encouragement, then sets the stage as the Last Days are now well under way.
One lesson His disciples, both then and now, should learn is that, “our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
“Therefore, (you are to) take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
“With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints.”(Ephesians 6:12-18)
As a fully devoted and completely surrendered disciple of Jesus, you will be imbued with and filled with a power so great and so transformative, that your way of dealing with the matters of this world are, like Jesus, antithetical to this world’s ways.
A Witness, The Holy Spirit & Power
Acts 1:6-11 tells us, “So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority;
but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
We are reminded, in Psalms 34:15-19, that,
“The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry.
The face of the Lord is against evildoers, to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
“The righteous cry, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.”
Jesus continues to tell us about His indwelling presence in the life of a Disciple.
Mark 9:21-23 says, ”And He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!” And Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.”
Matthew 7:7-8 tells us to,“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
Matthew 21:21-22 reminds us, “And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
Jesus tells us in John 15:7-8, “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples”.
Here are some of the many Spiritual Blessings of a disciple of Jesus: a Christian
- ETERNAL LIFE: John3:14“, As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; verse 15. so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
Verse 16. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. Verse 17. “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. Verse 18. “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- ABUNDANT LIFE: John10:9–10. “I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
- PROSPERITY AND GOOD HEALTH: 3 John 3:2“. “Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.”
- MANIFEST BLESSINGS:
- OBEY GOD: Deuteronomy28:1“Now it shall be, if you diligently obey the LORD your God, being careful to do all His commandments which I command you today, The LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
- IRRESISTIBLE BLESSINGS: verse 2.“All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the LORD your God:
- OMNIPRESENT BLESSINGS: verse 3.“Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country.
- GENERATIONAL BLESSINGS: verse 4. “Blessed shall be the offspring of your body and the produce of your ground and the offspring of your beasts, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock.
- NATURAL BLESSING: verse 5. “ Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
- CONTINUAL BLESSINGS: verse 6.“Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out.
- PROTECTIVE BLESSINGS: verse 7. “The LORD shall cause your enemies who rise up against you to be defeated before you; they will come out against you one way and will flee before you seven ways.
- OMNISCIENT BLESSINGS: verse 8. “The LORD will command the blessing upon you in your barns and in all that you put your hand to, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
- HOLY BLESSINGS: verse 9. “The LORD will establish you as a holy people to Himself, as He swore to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways. Verse 10. “So all the peoples of the earth will see that you are called by the name of the LORD, and they will be afraid of you.
- ABUNDANT BLESSINGS: verse 11. “The LORD will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to give you.
- ESTABLISHED BLESSINGS: verse12. “The LORD will open for you His good storehouse, the heavens, to give rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hand; and you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
- BLESSINGS OF AUTHORITY: verse 13. “The LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I charge you today, to observe them carefully,
Acts 1:9-11 tells us “And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”
(Click on the image)
Your Brother and Friend,
Here is this entire series in Booklet form:
TUTORIAL ON EFFECTIVE SPIRITUAL WARFARE (digital book)
TUTORIAL ON EFFECTIVE SPIRITUAL WARFARE (Adobe PDF format)
What’s Next? The Last Days