Knowing the identity of “the Dragon, the Beast which comes out of the sea and the Beast which comes out of the earth” will help you understand (1) the chronology of End Times events, (2) The ferocity of the Last Days Judgments (3) How to prepare (4) The timing of the Rapture (5) The timing of the Mark of the Beast (666), without which, no one will be able to buy or sell.
Please, understand, that Bible prophecy has been 100% accurate to this point in history. It is 100% certain that what the Bible teaches is yet to come, will happen. Read, learn and prepare.
Scriptures teach, in Matthew 24: 31, “Jesus will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other”, that is, those who’s names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, from Revelation 13:8, tells us that “only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life” will enter into the new heaven, the New Jerusalem. And, Revelation 21:27, says that, “nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
It would then appear that those who are left behind may have one more chance at redemption, but many will die and suffer greatly in the Great Tribulation through the sounding of the 6th Trumpet. There will be cosmic disturbances, astroids will crash into the earth and the earth is set ablaze. The seas and rivers will be contaminated and polluted so that many will die. The sun and the moon are darkened and fierce creatrues will come out of the great bottomless pit to torment and hurt many.
If a person dies during this time without having found redemption, they will be lost forever in the outter darkness and then cast into the lake of fire.
Finally, after the sounding of the 5th Trumpet, God will pour out His final wrath, and no one will be saved from the eternal death, therafter.
Know what is coming and get ready.
I am trying to find a balance between keeping this short and simple enough to read and understand, yet comprehensive enough to give full disclosure of the important points. Still, to some, this will be a long read, but, I pray that it will be well worth your time.
I will start in Revelation 13, introducing the DRAGON, THE BEAST FROM THE SEA AND THE BEAST FROM THE EARTH. Then, I will give a chronology of the Bible, leading up to Revelation 13, and to the end of the Book of The Revelation, to help frame the timing of these events.
THE DRAGON (Satan)
- “And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore.
THE FIRST BEAST (The Anti-Christ)
- Verse 1. “… Then I saw a beast
- coming up out of the sea,
- having ten horns and seven heads, and
- on his horns were ten diadems, and
- on his heads were blasphemous names.
- Verse 2. And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and
- his feet were like those of a bear, and
- his mouth like the mouth of a lion.
- And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority.
- Verse 3. I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed.
- And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast;
- Verse 4.they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast;
- and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?”
- Verse 5. There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and
- authority to act for forty-two months(3.5 years) was given to him.
- Verse 6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven.
- Verse 7.It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and
- authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.
- Verse 8.All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.
- Verse 9.If anyone has an ear, let him hear. 10 If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints.
THE SECOND BEAST (The False Prophet)
- Verse 11. Then I saw another beast
- coming up out of the earth; and
- he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon.
- Verse 12. He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And
- he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.
- Verse 13. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men.
- Verse 14. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast,
- telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life.
- Verse 15. And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
- Verse 16. And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
- Verse 17.and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.
- Verse 18. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.
WHEN DOES THIS OCCUR?
You can see when the Beasts of Revelation appear and when the “Mark of The Beast” is given, by following this chronological outline of the Book of The Revelation:
We will start with THE TRIBULATION SEALS: “The SCROLL OF THE SEALS”, found in Revelation 5:1, which represents “that which has been hidden and is now being revealed”.
Revelation: (The Greek word, “apokalupsis”): an uncovering.
Phonetic Spelling: ap-ok-al’-oop-sis.
Definition: an uncovering.
Usage: an unveiling, uncovering, revealing, revelation.
apokálypsis – “revelation, unveiling” – is principally used of the revelation of Jesus Christ (the Word), especially a particular spiritual manifestation of Christ (His will) previously unknown to this extent, because it has been “veiled and covered”.
THE SEALS of THE SCROLL: Revelation chapters 6, 7, 8:1
SEALS, 1 through 4, have been successively and progressively open (revealed) since around AD 1 through the current day. It appears that the fifth SEAL is now in the process of being opened. The sixth seal is too opened at a future date, which appears to be in the not-distant-future.
- The Interlude
- The sealing of the 144,000
- The Multitude from the Tribulation in Heaven (The Rapture)
THE TRUMPETS: Revelation chapter 8:1 – chapter 9
1st Trumpet – hail and fire, mixed with blood – a third of the earth was burned
2nd Trumpet – something like a great mountain burning – a third of the sea became blood; and a third of the creatures died; a third of the ships destroyed.
3rd Trumpet – a great star called Wormwood fell from heaven, fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters; a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.
4th Trumpet – a third of the sun and a third of the moon and a third of the stars were struck, so that a third of them would be darkened, and the day would not shine for a third of it, and the night in the same way.
5th Trumpet – The Bottomless Pit a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him. He opened the bottomless pit; smoke, of a great furnace; the sun, the air were darkened; came locusts, and they hurt only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
Revelation 9:12 “The first woe is past; behold, two woes are still coming after these things.”
NOTE: The Scroll Seals, 1 through 5, mark the ‘days of distress’ leading up to the beginning of the 7-year Great Tribulation (also known as “Daniel’s Seventieth Week”).
The 7 years of Great Tribulation (Daniel’s 70th Week) begins with the opening of the 6th Tribulation Seal and will reach the halfway mark, 3.5 years, at the sounding of the 6th Trumpet.
The “first woe” is complete at the end of the 5th Trumpet, and, just before the sounding of the 6th trumpet.
The second half (3.5 years) of the 7 years of the Great Tribulation will begin with the pouring out of God’s Wrath on earth (the bowl judgments).
6th Trumpet – The Army from the East
- The Angel and the Little Book
- The Two Witnesses
Revelation 9:20 says, “The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk; verse 21. And they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.”
Revelation 11:14 The second woe is past; behold, the third woe is coming quickly.
*The Second Woe comes and ends with the sounding of the 6th Trumpet (Revelation 11:14).
The 7th Trumpet marks the beginning of the second half of the 7 years of Great Tribulation and the beginning of the Third Woe. Christ’s Reign Foreseen
The Red Dragon
The Male Child Christ
The Angel, Michael
(Revelation 13:1 And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore.)
A Scene of Heaven
The Lamb and the 144,000 on Mount Zion
Vision of the Angel with the Gospel
Doom for Worshipers of the Beast
Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels who had seven plagues, which are the last, because in them the wrath of God is finished.
1st Bowl of Wrath – loathsome and malignant sores
2nd Bowl of Wrath – the sea became blood
3rd Bowl of Wrath – the rivers and the springs of waters became blood.
4th Bowl of Wrath – the sun scorched men with fire.
5th Bowl of Wrath – it became dark
6th Bowl of Wrath – the Euphrates and its water was dried up
7th Bowl of Wrath – “It is done.”
The Doom of Babylon
Victory for the Lamb
Babylon Is Fallen
Lament for Babylon
The Fourfold Hallelujah
Marriage of the Lamb
The Coming of Christ
Doom of the Beast and False Prophet
Satan Freed, Doomed
Judgment at the Throne of God
The New Heaven and Earth
The New Jerusalem
The River and the Tree of Life
The Final Message
Revelation 22: 21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.
The scriptures encourage us to “Be Berean”, (hold Scripture in such a high regard that it becomes your daily pursuit, your source of truth and the only reference book or material you would read in search of what is true.)
Your Brother and Friend,
More information and studies on:
(NOTE: If you are interested in understanding the symbolism in the Revelation , click this link for assistance: StudyLight.org.