THE WORDS OF JESUS
Creative, Causative, Prophetic, Instructional – Part 42
“The Harvest is Plentiful”
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” – The Words of Jesus, Matthew 9:37-38
There is a chronological sequence of events leading up to the great harvest of souls. This preparation of this process actually begins with the breaking of the 6th Tribulation Seal and leads to the Great Harvest and God’s Wine press of Wrath. (Please be patient as we trace this timeline. It is important.)
The First Seal: Conqueror on a White Horse, Revelation 6:1 (Began around the time of the birth of Christ).
The Second Seal: War, Matthew 6:3 (Ongoing since the time of Jesus’ earthly ministry).
The Third Seal: Famine, Revelation 6:5 (Ongoing since the time of Jesus’ earthly ministry).
The Fourth Seal: Death, Revelation 6:7 (Ongoing since the time of Jesus’ earthly ministry).
The Fifth Seal: Martyrs, Revelation 6:9 (Ongoing since the time of Jesus’ earthly ministry, intensifying).
The Sixth Seal: Terror, Revelation 6:12 (Future event, and it appears the time is near: The beginning of the Great 7-year tribulation period; The revealing of the antichrist; the rapture occurs).
An Interlude, Revelation 7:1 (This and the following are future events).
The 144,000, Revelation 7:4
A Multitude from the Tribulation before God’s Throne, Revelation 7:9 (The rapture; a future event, and it appears the time is near).
The Seventh Seal: Revelation 8:1
The Trumpets, Silence for half an hour: Revelation 8:1
The first trumpet sounded: Revelation 8:7,
The second angel sounded: Revelation 8:8
The third angel sounded: Revelation 8:10
The fourth angel sounded: Revelation 8:12
The fifth angel sounded: Revelation 9:1
The sixth angel sounded: Revelation 9:13 (This is the mid-point of the 7-Year Great Tribulation period. No one will be saved beyond this point).
The Angel and the Little Scroll: Revelation 10:1
The Two Witnesses: Revelation 11:1
The seventh angel sounded: Revelation 11:15
(A recapitulation in symbols of this period:)
The Woman, Israel – A great sign appeared in heaven: Revelation 12: 1
The Red Dragon, Satan: Revelation 12:3
The Male Child, Christ: Revelation 12:5
The Male Child, Christ – War in heaven: Revelation 12:5
The Beast from the Sea: Revelation 13:1
The Beast from the Earth: Revelation 13:11
(The End of the Recapitulation).
The Lamb and the 144,000 on Mount Zion, Revelation 14:1
Vision of the Angel with the Gospel, Revelation 14:6
Doom for Worshipers of the Beast, Revelation 14:9
The Harvest: Revelation 14:14
The great wine press of the wrath of God: Revelation 14:20
The angel swung his sickle to the earth and gathered the clusters from the vine of the earth, and threw them into the great wine press of the wrath of God. And the wine press was trampled outside the city, and blood came out from the wine press, up to the horses’ bridles, for a distance of 200 miles.
This entire process, sometimes called ‘the process of sanctification’ is part of God’s Work to perfect men and women who believe in Him, into the image of Christ. It is spoken of (prophesied) in Daniel 12:1,
(RECAP of Daniel 12:1-13):
- And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people,
- everyone who is found, written in the book, will be rescued. Verse 2. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. Verse
- 3. And those who have insight will shine like the glow of the expanse of heaven,
- and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. Verse 4. But as for you, Daniel, keep these words secret and seal up the book until the end of time; many will roam about, and knowledge will increase.” Verse 5. Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others were standing, one on this bank of the stream and the other on that bank of the stream. Verse 6. And someone said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream,
- “How long will it be until the end of these wonders?” Verse 7. And I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that
(a) it would be for a time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish smashing the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed. Verse 8. But as for me, I heard but did not understand; so, I said, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?” Verse 9. And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words will be kept secret and sealed up until the end time.
- Verse 10. Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.
- Verse 11. And from the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Verse 12.
(a) Blessed is the one who is patient and attains to the 1,335 days! Verse 13. But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will rest and rise for your allotted portion at the end of the age.”
The time of the Great Harvest is coming, and it will be swift and final. This is urgent as there will be no second chances. Jesus is calling – appealing for – workers for this harvest, which includes you and me.
God is the Lord of the harvest (see also Luke 10:2). He chooses the right moment to do His work of salvation in the hearts of men and women. At the same time, God chooses to partner with us in that work (John 4:36–38). We must keep our eyes open, seizing the opportunities He presents, both to receive salvation and join with Him in offering it to others.
The fields are white for harvest means the right time to bring people into God’s kingdom is now. Paul tells Timothy (and us) to be prepared to preach the gospel “in season and out of season” (2 Timothy 4:1–2). In the agricultural world, farmers must wait between the sowing and reaping seasons. In the spiritual realm, the time for gathering in the harvest is now—whenever and wherever a crop of white-ripe souls exists. (GotQuestions.org excerpt).
Your Brother and Friend,
PREVIOUS: THE WORDS OF JESUS – What Are You To Do With Them?, “Do You Believe I Am Able”, Part 41
NEXT: THE WORDS OF JESUS – What Are You To Do With Them? , “And Proclaim as you go…”, Part 43.