(You can listen to the audio podcast and read along, then you can pause the audio to follow links on this page for additional details. When you are ready, you can, then, resume the audio.. Please note that page links are used in lieu of footnotes and references.)
JESUS, THE APOSTLE PAUL, GNOSTICS AND FALSE TEACHERS
There are remarkable and undeniable similarities between the false teachers, Judaizers, Pharisees and the Gnostics of the Apostle Paul’s day and the religious humanists of Socialism, Communism, Marxism, the Ecumenical Globalists and the political Leftists of our day. In fact, one could say that the latter is just a postmodern continuation of the former.
So, we can study Jesus’ and the Apostle Paul’s approach to dealing with the false teachers and “Christ deniers” of their day to see how we should deal with false teachers, false religions and the Marxists of our day.
I have selected pointed and succinct scriptures to inform, teach and guide us. Please take notes, because I have a question for you at the end of this page.
I. Warning Against False Teachers (Paul the Apostle)
1 Timothy 1:3-20, says “As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine, nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith. The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Certain persons, by serving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.
“Now we know that rthe law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with uthe gospel of the glory of vthe blessed God wwith which I have been entrusted.
Christ Jesus Came to Save Sinners
“I thank him xwho has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, go whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of the ages, iimmortal, invisible, the only God, lbe honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
“This charge I entrust to you, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, 19 holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith, among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I thave handed over to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.”
Pray for All People
1 Timothy 2:1-15, continues, saying, “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and ato come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given fat the proper time. For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
I desire then that in every place the men should pray, klifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;
likewise also, that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, rthen Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but sthe woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.”
II. SHEEP, WOLVES, A TREE AND ITS FRUIT (Jesus)
Matthew 7:5 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are avenous wolves.You will recognize them lby their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.”
I Never Knew You
Matthew 7:21, tells us, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’”
Build Your House on the Rock
Matthew 7 :24-27, continues with, “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
The Authority of Jesus
Verse 28. “And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.”
III. FIERCE WOLVES COMING FROM YOUR OWN PEOPLE (Paul the Apostle)
Acts 20:28-31, cautions us, “Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears.”
IV. PURGE THE IMMORAL GREEDY, EVIL (The Apostle Paul)
1 Corinthians 5:6-13, instructs us that, “Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
“I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”
V. Godlessness in the Last Days (The Apostle Paul)
2 Timothy 3:1-5, informs us, “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.“
1. Warn others not to teach any different doctrine, nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations.
2. In accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience.
3. Hand those over to Satan who have made shipwreck of their faith, that they may learn not to blaspheme. Name them publicly , such as Hymenaeus and Alexander.
4. Make supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings for all people,
5. Men should be the ones who pray in every place, lifting lholy hands without anger or quarreling;
6. Women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.
7. Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.
8. Do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
9. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves
10. Cut down every “tree” that does not bear good fruit and throw it into the fire.
11. Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers,
12. Your boasting is not good.
13. Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened, for Christ. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
14. Do not to associate with sexually immoral people—not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
15. Do not to associate with anyone, do not even to eat with such a one who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler.
16. Purge the evil person from among you. You are to judge those inside the church. God judges those outside the church.
17. Avoid people who are lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.
MANY IN THE CHURCH ARE ADRIFT – APOSTASY IN THE CHURCH
These points may counter what you have been hearing in your local church, but, as you can see, they are straight from Jesus, the Apostle Paul and the Bible. These are our instructions for today – our Marching Orders.
Please listen to the video from THE BIBLE PROJECT. It is like reading today’s headlines or from a church bulletin.
MY QUESTION FOR YOU
Will you PLEASE CONTACT ME and join the resistance today! I will give you full details if you will just contact me.
Your Brother and Friend,