WHAT ARE WE TO DO TO GET READY?
“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.
“For this reason you must be ready as well; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.” (Matthew 24:42-44)
This is ‘forecast’ or what is Prophesied in the Bible. It will occur. It is underway. You and I must PREPARE.
1. Surrender to Jesus as Lord and for Salvation, and He will give you wisdom, strength, courage and knowledge.
2. Repent and enter the Kingdom of God. “From that time Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 4:17 This Kingdom is a very real place. It is described by metaphor, but it is no metaphor. It is a real place we must possess in these last days. Jesus centers His teaching to His disciples around this Truth, telling them they must enter the Kingdom of God and continue His Works until He returns. (more on this in an upcoming article)
2. Educate yourself. Become Bible literate. “Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom…” Revelation 13:16-18
3. “Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.” “Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. For this reason, you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.”
4. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
These are real and serious matters, and you must know that…
Economics may or may not help, but they will not save you.
- Stockpiles of food and water may help and shelter will help for a while but they will disappear and will not save you.
- Medicines may help for a while, but, they will run out and will not save you.
- Guns and politics may help or hurt your efforts, but they will not save you.
- Technology may help in some ways, but it will not save you.
Understanding the power of Knowing Jesus as your LORD and your Savior will give you strength and confidence when and where you need them, guidance and wisdom along the way, and eternal security. Please, just do it.
These are exciting times in which we live! But, we must be prepared and ‘endure to the end’ (most likely the end of the 5th Seal of Revelation) as Jesus said in Matthew 24. And by all accounts, it would seem we are at that stage!
Your Brother and Friend,
Additional Reading: The New World Order