IN THE BEGINNING
Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God (Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth. Verse 2. The earth was formless and void or a waste and emptiness, and darkness was upon the face of the deep [primeval ocean that covered the unformed earth]. The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters.”
There is an event coming which is so fantastic as to be unbelievable. I will show the evidence leading to this event, known as the ‘Rapture’ and I will even help you calculate the odds of its occurrence. You will then be faced with the most monumental decision you have ever faced. You don’t want to miss this.
IT ALL BEGAN.
The Purpose of God’s Eternal Plan is “Perfection”. He is maturing and perfecting His people into His image, ultimately to live in Perfect harmony with Him and with one another, in a New and Perfect heaven and earth.
“Because by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified.” – Hebrews 10:14
Each and every chapter, verse and word in the Bible, when viewed within this context of God’s Eternal Plan of Perfection, begins to make perfect sense.
We will begin in Genesis, which is the foundation of what has happened, what is now happening and what is yet to come, and we will trace our steps through time and history, concluding with the period the world has entered, the final epoch of time, known by various names, such as, “The Last Days”, “The End The Age” the “Latter Days” and “The Tribulation Period”. This final epoch, the beginning of the end, was marked by the birth of Jesus. This will be more than just a trip through history – this will be a journey of discovery. We will discover, not just WHAT or WHEN certain events happened, but we investigate they occurred, so we can endeavor to know their purpose.
There are visible and observable signs and ancient writings to help you identify the stages in this progression of time. Most people, however, either don’t recognize the signs or writings or don’t believe in their literal fulfillment. Even among those who believe these prophecies are coming to pass and see the signs, few know what they are seeing, where they are leading or what to do in response. It is my intention to make the truth of these matters intelligible, understandable, believable and useful.
God’s plan is unfolding exactly as He purposed; from The Creation, through the Garden of Eden and the Fall of Man to the Great Flood, the Tower of Babel, the Exodus from Egypt, the possessing of The Promised Land, the Destruction of the First Temple and the Jewish Captivity in Babylon, the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus, the Destruction of the Second Temple, our steady march through time has been exactly as Bible prophecy has foretold. We have entered an era leading to the destruction and, eventually, a rebirth of the heavens and the earth.
DANIEL’S 70 WEEKS – A glimpse into the future
It appears we have entered the Last Days as described in the Bible, and the best description of the purpose, length and, outcome of this End of Time, variously known as the “times of distress”, the tribulation and the Great Tribulation, (see Matthew 24:21, Revelation 2:22 and Revelation 7:14) or the Wrath of the Lamb, (see Revelation 6:16), is found in Daniel 12:1,
Daniel 12:1-13 gives us an accurate, albeit abbreviated, a summary of what is coming:
- And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people,
- everyone who is found, written in the book, will be rescued. Verse 2. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.
- Verse 3. And those who have insight will shine like the glow of the expanse of heaven,
- and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. Verse 4. But as for you, Daniel, keep these words secret and seal up the book until the end of time; many will roam about, and knowledge will increase.” Verse 5. Then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, two others were standing, one on this bank of the stream and the other on that bank of the stream. Verse 6. And someone said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream,
- “How long will it be until the end of these wonders?” Verse 7. And I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the stream, as he raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that
(a) it would be for a time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish smashing the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed. Verse 8. But as for me, I heard but did not understand; so, I said, “My lord, what will be the outcome of these events?” Verse 9. And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for these words will be kept secret and sealed up until the end time.
6. Verse 10. Many will be purged, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.
7. Verse 11. And from the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Verse 12.
(a) Blessed is the one who is patient and attains to the 1,335 days! Verse 13. But as for you, go your way to the end; then you will rest and rise for your allotted portion at the end of the age.”
Sometime in the early stage of the events described in Daniel 12, there will be an event which is so fantastic as to be unbelievable. But I will show the evidence leading to this event, known as the ‘Rapture’ and I will even help you calculate the odds of its occurrence. You will then be faced with the most monumental decision you have ever faced. You don’t want to miss this.
Let’s return to the trailhead of our journey, the Book of Genesis, and begin by asking and answering the question, “Does God Exist”?
Your Brother and Friend,
NEXT: THE TRUTH BE KNOWN – Does God Exist? Ch. 2.
PREVIOUS: THE TRUTH BE KNOWN – What the Bible says about our near future.